PGx – Pharmacogenomic Drug Testing
One of the many challenges in the cardiology setting is treating patients who are already taking multiple medications. Until recently practitioners had no choice than to prescribe treatment without understanding how individual patients will respond. Pharmacogenomic testing provides valuable personalized information about the patient and the potential outcomes of treatment.
With PGx testing, physicians can:
- Evaluate patient genetic variability that could potentially deem a particular drug to become ineffective.
- Determine appropriate therapy for each patient, based on genetic variability.
- Evaluate potential drug-drug interactions and susceptibility of each patient.
- Communicate with our pharmacogenetic experts to receive evidence-based expert advice, and supporting evidence for tests and results.
- Improve informed consent by communicating current and future therapy trends specifically engineered for each individual.